RINO – innovative system for maintenance and strengthening of concrete structures
Following intensive development work and comprehensive quality testing, we have enhanced our proven product line again, offering benefits for the maintenance and strengthening of concrete structures that are critical in the repair sector. The system for strengthening the punching shear zone of flat slabs includes RINO Exo, with its externally mounted steel head, RINO Bar, the retrofitted punching shear reinforcement for strengthening existing flat slabs and RINO Axial, the strengthening system for the retroactive upgrading of reinforced concrete columns.
The products of our proven RINO line – RINO Exo, RINO Bar and RINO Axial – are planned and installed on a project-by-project basis. An initial assessment of the need for punching shear strengthening can be undertaken with the “RINO design module” of the Aschwanden software. Using the data collected by the engineer, Aschwanden configures the strengthening measures and supports the civil engineer in the planning process as required.
If you would like a consultation, please contact our field staff or approach our RINO manager, Mr Stefan Walt, directly.
Customer benefits at a glance
- Can be used for punching capacity deficits of up to 100%
- Concrete structures are efficiently maintained by strengthening the punching shear zone of flat slabs
- Strengthening measures are activated by prestressing (system efficiency)
- Installed without disturbing the existing slab; no additional damage
- Top side of the slab does not need to be accessible for RINO Exo strengthening
- Effective relief of the already damaged slab; main load is dispersed over the outer circumference (head edge)
- Optimum coordination between the strength capacity of the concrete slab and RINO Exo
- Design models validated in large-scale tests at the EMPA (19 tests)
- “RINO” design module of the Aschwanden software for initial clarification of the need for punching shear strengthening
- Project-specific fire protection systems
- Can be used for punching capacity deficits of up to approx. 40%
- Can be installed on edge and corner columns
- Strengthening system is activated by prestressing the bars. In a functioning system, this means there is no need to also deform the existing, already damaged slab
- Allowing an installation tolerance when designing the system enables the system to be installed flexibly without damaging the upper slab reinforcement.